This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #EasyHolidayEats #CollectiveBias
Why not change things up a little this Thanksgiving holiday with this sweet and savory Strawberry Basil Roasted Turkey recipe!
I love cooking for Thanksgiving. Even if we plan to go to a relative’s house on the actual holiday, I will still make a full dinner with all the fixings on a different day of the week! My family has been eating a lot of turkey lately as I was trying out all kinds of new recipes before coming up with this Strawberry Basil Roasted Turkey recipe!
I know the turkey is supposed to be the star of the show, but if I’m being honest here, I always cook it the same ole way with the same ole seasonings on it. Don’t get me wrong, it’s really delicious, but sometimes change is nice too!
One of my favorite food combinations is pairing fruit with meat. I decided that would be the route I’m going with this holiday season and started testing recipes recently. Cranberry and turkey are a classic combination, and for good reason, but I wanted to do something a little different!
Strawberry and basil go so well together that I decided to make a Strawberry Basil Roasted Turkey. I used Smucker’s Fruit & Honey Strawberry Fruit Spread because I appreciate the fact it’s naturally sweetened with honey. You can definitely tell a difference between this fruit spread and the other one’s out there.
Making the turkey was incredibly easy! I used a 3-pound turkey breast for this recipe. If you’re making a whole turkey I would recommend doubling this recipe.
Rinse your turkey and pat dry with paper towels.
Sprinkle on some salt and pepper.
Warm the Smucker’s Fruit & Honey Strawberry Fruit Spread in a small saucepan over medium heat until thinned out. This makes it easier to spread onto the turkey.
Using a silicone brush, cover the turkey in the warmed fruit spread.
Sprinkle on chopped fresh basil.
Roast according to the package directions or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
I warmed some additional fruit spread to drizzle on the turkey after it was plated and sprinkled on a little more basil too!
The full printable recipe for Strawberry Basil Roasted Turkey can be found below.
Strawberry Basil Roasted Turkey
- 1 3 pound boneless turkey breast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam * plus extra for garnish, optional
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil * minced, plus extra for optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Rinse the turkey breast and pat dry.
- Place in a roasting pan or dish and sprinkle evenly with the salt and pepper.
- Warm the strawberry jam in a small saucepan over medium heat until it thins out, then spread the warm jam all over the turkey.
- Sprinkle on the basil.
- Roast for 1 hour 45 minutes to 2 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Allow to rest for 20 minutes before slicing.
- Warm extra jam to drizzle onto the turkey after it's been plated and sprinkle on more basil, if desired.
Tips and Techniques for the Best Strawberry Basil Roasted Turkey
- If you are using a boneless turkey breast, as I have, be sure to leave the netting on until after it is finished roasting. The turkey may fall apart while baking if you remove it ahead of time.
- Warm the strawberry jam to make it much easier to spread evenly onto the turkey.
- If using a whole turkey you may need to double or triple this recipe depending on the size of your turkey. Please follow the cooking instructions for your particular turkey if different than the one I am using.
- Store leftover turkey in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. Use within 3-4 days.