This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #EasyHolidayEats #CollectiveBias
Why not change things up a little this Thanksgiving holiday with this sweet and savory Strawberry Basil Roasted Turkey recipe!
I love cooking for Thanksgiving. Even if we plan to go to a relative’s house on the actual holiday, I will still make a full dinner with all the fixings on a different day of the week! My family has been eating a lot of turkey lately as I was trying out all kinds of new recipes before coming up with this Strawberry Basil Roasted Turkey recipe!
I know the turkey is supposed to be the star of the show, but if I’m being honest here, I always cook it the same ole way with the same ole seasonings on it. Don’t get me wrong, it’s really delicious, but sometimes change is nice too!
One of my favorite food combinations is pairing fruit with meat. I decided that would be the route I’m going with this holiday season and started testing recipes recently. Cranberry and turkey are a classic combination, and for good reason, but I wanted to do something a little different!
Strawberry and basil go so well together that I decided to make a Strawberry Basil Roasted Turkey. I used Smucker’s Fruit & Honey Strawberry Fruit Spread because I appreciate the fact it’s naturally sweetened with honey. You can definitely tell a difference between this fruit spread and the other one’s out there.
Making the turkey was incredibly easy! I used a 3-pound turkey breast for this recipe. If you’re making a whole turkey I would recommend doubling this recipe.
Rinse your turkey and pat dry with paper towels.
Sprinkle on some salt and pepper.
Warm the Smucker’s Fruit & Honey Strawberry Fruit Spread in a small saucepan over medium heat until thinned out. This makes it easier to spread onto the turkey.
Using a silicone brush, cover the turkey in the warmed fruit spread.
Sprinkle on chopped fresh basil.
Roast according to the package directions or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
I warmed some additional fruit spread to drizzle on the turkey after it was plated and sprinkled on a little more basil too!
The full printable recipe for Strawberry Basil Roasted Turkey can be found below.
Strawberry Basil Roasted Turkey
- 1 3lb turkey breast
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 Cup Smucker's Fruit & Honey Strawberry Fruit Spread
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil minced
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Rinse the turkey breast and pat dry. Place in a roasting pan or dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Warm the Smucker's Fruit & Honey Strawberry Fruit Spread in a small saucepan over medium heat until thinned out. This makes it easier to spread onto the turkey.
- Use a silicone brush to spread the fruit spread all over the turkey and sprinkle on the basil.
- Roast for 1 hour 45 minutes to 2 hours or until the internal temerature reaches 165°F. Serve. *You can warm more of the fruit spread to drizzle onto the turkey after it's been plated and sprinkle on more basil, if desired.