This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PickedAtPeak #CollectiveBias
I absolutely love goat cheese! I’m always trying to find new ways to use it. I decided to swap out traditional Parmesan cheese for goat cheese in this Pasta with Creamy Goat Cheese Tomato Sauce recipe!
This post contains affiliate links. See our Disclosure Statement for more information.
I picked up the pasta and Prego Farmers’ Market® Classic Marinara Sauce at Walmart and grabbed the grape tomatoes and basil from the produce section there. The goat cheese is in a separate display that is also right by the produce section.
I haven’t always loved to cook. And, I haven’t always been good at it either. I used to follow recipes step-by-step and would still mess up an entire meal on a regular basis! Somehow, some way all that changed thankfully, but when I develop recipes to share I always try to make them so you can’t mess them up the way I used to!
This recipe is a pretty basic recipe but with a tasty little twist. I used the Prego Farmers’ Market® Classic Marinara Sauce because it contains simple ingredients picked at peak, like what you’d find at a Farmer’s Market! It’s so good that I don’t even bother making my own sauce anymore, but for this Pasta with Creamy Goat Cheese Tomato Sauce recipe, I add a few things to change the flavor profile just a tad! The goat cheese gives it a creamier texture with a little tanginess and the oven roasted grape tomatoes and basil bring out even more of that homemade taste we all love! This is most definitely comfort food at it’s finest!
The best part? This entire meal comes together in 30 minutes or less! It’s a really delicious option for a busy weeknight meal and the leftovers (if you should have any) are just as good the next day for lunch!
Be sure to let me know if you make this Pasta with Creamy Goat Cheese Tomato Sauce and what you think!
Pasta with Creamy Goat Cheese Tomato Sauce
- 1 Cup cherry or grape tomatoes *I used grape
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb pasta *I used rotini
- 1 jar Prego Farmers' Market® Classic Marinara Sauce
- 1/4 Cup goat cheese crumbled
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Start cooking your pasta as directed on the package.
- In a small bowl, toss together the tomatoes, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread onto a baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes until roasted. Remove and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, add the Prego Fresh Market® Classic Marinara Sauce. Once warmed, add the goat cheese and stir until melted.
- Drain the pasta and return to the pan. Add the sauce and toss to combine (or you can do as I did, and place yoru pasta in individual bowls and top with the desired amoount of sauce). Top each bowl with the roasted tomatoes, chopped basil, and more crumbled goat cheese, if desired.