This is the easiest Lemon Ricotta Pancakes recipe! It is sure to quickly become a favorite!
This post contains affiliate links. See our Disclosure Statement for more information.
Lately, I have had brunch on the brain. I have been thinking to make a whole spread filled with delicious brunch recipes one weekend for my boys, but haven’t quite figured out exactly what foods are brunch appropriate!
The only thing that came to mind (so far) is Lemon Ricotta Pancakes. Why? Because I went to brunch once and that’s what I ordered. And they were amazing! So amazing that I haven’t forgotten about them in all the years that have passed since that one meal!
So I went scouring the internet recently for a Lemon Ricotta Pancakes recipe I could use to make for breakfast one morning and quickly got fed up. Nothing I found was quite what I was looking for. Most recipes seemed too complicated for a meal that I tend to make when I’m still half-asleep. I need an easy pancakes recipe!
So that’s what I came up with! A simple Lemon Ricotta Pancakes recipe!
With all this talk of brunch, let’s be real here…these pancakes are the perfect breakfast recipe as well! Or, try them the next time you’re having breakfast for dinner! Delicious!
Simple Lemon Ricotta Pancakes Recipe
My recipe for these easy Lemon Ricotta Pancakes involves just a few simple steps and the ability to flip pancakes – that’s the hard part!
Zest and juice the lemon. Have all of the ingredients out and ready to go.
Mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a small bowl. Set aside.
Whisk the ricotta cheese, eggs, milk, lemon zest and juice together in a medium bowl. Gradually whisk in the flour mixture until well blended. Let stand for 5 minutes.
While the batter is resting, heat your griddle to 350°F and coat with butter. Add 1/4 Cup batter to the griddle for each pancake and cook until bubbles appear on top. Flip and cook the other side until golden brown.
Stack them up, sprinkle on some powdered sugar and finish them off with a few raspberries to fancy them up if you want. Viola! Brunch is served!
Hopefully, you’ll agree that this is not only the easiest Lemon Ricotta Pancakes recipe but also the most delicious!
These are definitely going on to my brunch menu! If you have any brunch suggestions I would love to hear them! Leave a comment and let me know what your absolute favorite brunch foods are!
Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a small bowl. Set aside.
Whisk together the ricotta cheese, eggs, milk, lemon zest and juice in a medium bowl.
Gradually whisk in the flour mixture until well blended. Let rest for 5 minutes.
Heat a griddle to 350°F and coat with butter.
Add 1/4 Cup batter to the griddle for each pancake and cook until bubbles appear on top.
Flip and cook the other side until golden brown.
Serve with fresh fruit and powdered sugar, if desired.
Tips & Techniques for the Best Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
- Use fresh lemon juice for the best results – and to be able to get that extra lemon flavor from the zest.
- You can zest the lemon with a microplane or use a vegetable peeler to remove the rind and mince.
- Store extra pancakes in a stack with a piece of wax or parchment paper between each one to prevent sticking and tightly wrapped in plastic wrap or a plastic bag in the refrigerator or freezer.
- How do you reheat frozen pancakes? You can reheat frozen pancakes by placing on a microwave-safe plate and cooking for 30-seconds to 1 minute or until heated through. You can also reheat them in a toaster oven or regular oven at 350°F for 6-8 minutes, or until heated through.
- What do you serve with Lemon Ricotta Pancakes? You can serve them with butter, syrup, powdered sugar and/or fresh fruits like berries and bananas.
** Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary.