Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup is a quick, easy recipe that tastes like you spent hours making it! With melt-in-your-mouth tender beef, it’s sure to be a family favorite!
This post contains affiliate links. See our Disclosure Statement for more information.
I feel like I say the same things over and over again whenever I share an Instant Pot recipe, but I just can’t get over how tender beef comes out! Even in this Vegetable Beef Soup recipe, which only takes 10 minutes to cook (once the pot comes to pressure), the beef comes out incredible!
This recipe is my definition of home-style cooking, modernized! I basically took all the same ingredients that I remember my mom using when she would make vegetable beef soup and added a few favorite flavors of my own. After browning the meat, I threw almost everything else into the Instant Pot and crossed my fingers!
I should have known it would turn out great, but I guess I’m still a little skeptical about this magical pressure cooker!
With classic vegetable soup being a childhood favorite, this Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup recipe is a great recipe to help get your kids to eat more vegetables! You can swap your favorites into this recipe pretty easily. I do, however, recommend adding in smaller, more delicate vegetables after the pressure cooker has done it’s thing. For example, I mix in frozen peas and corn afterwards, as you will see in the instructions below.
INSTANT POT VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP
There is a little bit of prep work for this recipe. You’ll need to chop the shallot and mince the garlic. You will also need to cut the potato into bite-size cubes, slice the carrot, and trim and cut the green beans. Try to keep all the vegetables roughly the same size.
Turn your Instant Pot onto sauté and add a Tablespoon of olive oil.
Season the beef cubes with salt and pepper, then add to the hot pot. Cook until just browned, about 5 minutes.
Add the shallots, garlic, and carrots. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
Add all of the remaining ingredients except for the peas and corn. I also usually wait until the soup is done cooking before adding any additional salt and pepper.
Put the lid on the Instant Pot and set to cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Once it’s done cooking, let it release naturally for about 20 minutes. Then, turn the valve to do a final quick release.
Open the lid and immediately stir in the frozen peas and corn. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper, if necessary.
Serve this homemade Vegetable Beef Soup in individual bowls topped with fresh, chopped parsley.
Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound beef cubes
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium shallot * chopped
- 2 cloves garlic * minced
- 1 Cup carrots * sliced
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 4 Cups beef stock
- 2 Cups potatoes * cubed
- 1 Cup green beans * trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 Cup frozen peas
- 1/2 Cup frozen corn
- PREP: chop the shallot, mince the garlic, cut the potato into bite-size cubes, slice the carrot, and trim and cut the green beans.
- Add the olive oil to the Instant Pot and set it to sauté. Season the beef cubes with salt and pepper, then add to the hot pot. Cook until just browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the shallots, garlic, and carrots and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients except for the peas and corn. Put the lid on the Instant Pot and set to cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Once it’s done cooking, let it release naturally for about 20 minutes. Then, turn the valve to do a final quick release. Remove the lid and stir in the peas and corn. Taste and season with salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Serve with fresh, chopped parsley, if desired.
- nutritional information is given as an estimate only and will vary