This Gluten Free Peanut Butter Jelly & Waffles recipe will make you forget you’re eating gluten free! This recipe will give you fluffy waffles full of yummy peanut butter and jelly flavors!
When I told my 9-year-old son, Jaxon, that I needed to create an original recipe using peanut butter and jelly, he said, “You can leave this one up to me!” He’s probably the only person on the planet who loves peanut butter and jelly sandwiches more than I do!
Unfortunately, his first idea was not going to work out like he thought it would. After a little trial and error and some tweaking here and there, he finally decided on the winning recipe: Peanut Butter & Jelly Waffles! I tweaked his idea a little more and we decided on making Gluten Free Peanut Butter & Jelly Waffles.
Shopping for Ingredients
We headed over to Target to get everything we would need. Target is my favorite store for home decor, the cutest office supplies, and clothing. Being able to buy groceries there as well is a huge bonus! It’s also the only store I can drag Jaxon to without hearing any complaining! They really do have something for everyone and I am totally that person who goes in needing a few things and coming out with ten times as much!
We ended up buying a huge jar of Jaxon’s favorite, Jif Creamy Peanut Butter, and Smucker’s Fruit & Honey Strawberry Fruit Spread. Right now you can save 5% on Jif and Smucker’s products when you use the Target Cartwheel app (expires 1-28-17)!
Wanting to keep things healthier for all of my exciting, life-changing New Year’s resolutions, I decided to make this recipe gluten-free and lower in carbs than tradition waffle recipes by using a combination of tapioca flour and coconut flour.
The results were far beyond my expectations and Jaxon has requested that I make a batch every week so he can have one before school every morning! I am totally on board with giving him a healthy breakfast he loves before he hops on the bus! I hope you love them just as much!
Gluten Free Peanut Butter & Jelly Waffles
Here is a video on how to make these Gluten Free Peanut Butter and Jelly Waffles! The printable recipe is listed at the bottom of this post as well.
How to Use the Target Cartwheel App
The first time I ever used the Target Cartwheel app, I did it all wrong, so I wanted to include a quick tutorial on how to use it so you can be sure to get your savings!
- Download the Target Cartwheel app and create an account.
- Browse the offers and select the one’s you want. The app will add the offers you select to the “My List” section for easy reference.
- At checkout, open your app and select “Checkout” from the menu at the bottom. Have the cashier scan the barcode on your Target Cartwheel app BEFORE scanning your items.
- You save instantly!
Jaxon and I will be thrilled if you decide to try out our Gluten Free Peanut Butter & Jelly Waffles recipe! Pick up some Jif and Smucker’s at Target (be sure to use the Target Cartwheel app!) and let us know if you love them as much as we do!
- 1/2 Cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 Cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup almond milk *I used unsweetened
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 Tablesoons butter melted
- 1/2 Cup Jif Creamy Peanut Butter
- Smucker's Fruit Spread of your choice
- Preheat your waffle iron (I use setting 4 on mine).
- In a medium bowl combine the tapioca flour, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix. Add the almond milk, eggs, butter, and peanut butter. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour mixture into the preheated waffle iron (working in batches, if necessary). Cook until waffles are cooked through and edges are just crispy, about 4 minutes.
- Top with the Smucker's Fruit Spread of your choice and enjoy!