Thank you Veetee Rice for sponsoring this post. As always, all content and opinions are 100% my own.
This recipe for Creamy Rice with Sun-dried Tomatoes and Broccoli is a delicious meal that can be made in 10 minutes or less!
Have you ever made a recipe that you really love but it takes too long to make to have it often? That situation is exactly what inspired me to make this recipe for Creamy Rice with Sun-dried Tomatoes and Broccoli!
This recipe uses Veetee Rice Pilaf as the base. Veetee rices are already cooked and only take 2 minutes to heat in your microwave. You can also stir-fry them, but for this recipe I use the microwave method.
I use the Veetee Rice Pilaf flavor because it’s made with ingredients very similar to what I use in the recipe that is the inspiration for this one! Ingredients like chicken stock, garlic, and onion.
How To Make Creamy Rice with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Broccoli
Making this recipe is very easy! First chop your broccoli into small pieces and steam it. I use the microwave to steam mine since it’s much quicker, but you can always steam it in a pot as well.
While your broccoli is steaming, drain the sun-dried tomatoes on a paper towel and place the cheese in a medium mixing bowl.
Once the broccoli is done, cook your rice and then add it to the bowl with the cheese. Mix in the broccoli and sun-dried tomatoes and your done!
I love this meal for a quick lunch! You can also mix in leftover chicken breast if you have some!
Where to buy Veetee Rice
Veetee Rice is a great solution for busy weeknights or when you need quick meal solutions! They offer a variety of flavors and can be found at retailers across the country and on Amazon.com. For more information about Veetee Rice be sure to stop by their website!
Cream Cheese Rice with Broccoli and Sun-dried Tomatoes
- Cut the broccoli into small florets and steam. To steam in the microwave place the broccoli in a microwave safe bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Vent the plastic on one side about a half inch. Microwave 2-3 minutes. Drain.1 cup rice
- Meanwhile, heat a small skillet over medium heat and add the oil. Once hot, add the garlic and shallots and cook, stirring frequently for 30-60 seconds or until fragrant.2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, 2 cloves garlic, 1 small shallot
- Add the broccoli and sun-dried tomatoes and continue to cook 1-2 minutes longer or until the broccoli is bright green and crisp-tender.1 cup broccoli florets, 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- Once the broccoli is done cooking, microwave the VeeTee Rice for 2 minutes. Add the cooked rice, broccoli, and sun-dried tomatoes to the bowl with the cheese. Stir to combine and serve.4 ounces cream cheese, 2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
Tips and Techniques
- Setting the cream cheese out an hour ahead of time will help it melt much quicker when added to the hot rice.
- To save time, you can buy julienne cut sun-dried tomatoes.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Consume within 3-4 days.