This post was sponsored by Walmart as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
These Chipotle Lime Almonds are an easy way to spice up snack time!
While we snack all your long, we definitely do more so in the summer! Snacks that are light and tasty for spending the day outdoors, or as appetizers for summer entertaining are a must! We love options like hummus, fresh veggies, fruit, crackers, and almonds!
Since the season is already off to a fun start with plenty of parties coming up, I went to Walmart and picked up Blue Diamond Almond Nut-Thins, Gourmet Almonds, and Sabra Hummus (the Roasted Red Pepper flavor is perfect for summer!) to start to prepare.
Every time I buy hummus, I’m reminded of how my fiancé was afraid to try it because he was convinced he wouldn’t like it. Now he eats more than I do, and I eat a lot! We enjoy it with crackers, chips, fresh vegetables, on sandwiches, and you can even dip chicken wings in it! That’s just the beginning! There are so many ways you can enjoy Sabra Hummus!
Nut-Thins are wheat and gluten free and super crispy and crunchy! They are actually made with real Blue Diamond Almonds and don’t contain any artificial ingredients. They are delicious with dips, hummus, or toppings!
Blue Diamond Gourmet Almonds are made with high-quality Nonpareil almonds and seasoned to perfection! They add a premium touch for special occasions and when entertaining your friends and family. The Garlic, Herb, and Olive Oil variety is my favorite ! I love the chef-inspired seasonings and while they are delicious on their own, I’m going to share with you how I easily add a bit of summer-inspired spice to them for those that like a little more heat!
CHIPOTLE LIME ALMONDS RECIPE
Zest and juice a lime.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
Add the Blue Diamond Garlic, Herb, and Olive Oil Gourmet Almonds and the chipotle powder. Stir constantly until evenly coated.
Stir in the lime juice and cook for a minute or two until well coated and warm. Transfer to a plate to cool.
Once cool, stir in the lime zest.
Place in a serving bowl and enjoy!
BACKYARD MAKEOVER CONTEST
Walmart carries all of our favorite snacks and this year they want you to Upgrade Your Summer at Walmart! They are making it even more fun by holding a Backyard Makeover contest which you can enter HERE!
Prizes for the Backyard Makeover include:
- Eight (8) Grand Prize Packages: Each winner will receive the following:
- One (1) Palm Springs Wicker Patio Set with four (4) Chairs.
- One (1) Sonus Out Speakers.
- One (1) Weber Genesis 11 E310 Grill.
- One (1) Yeti Tundra 45 Cooler.
- One (1) $300 Wal-Mart Gift Card (Terms and conditions of the Gift Card apply).
- Twenty-five (25) Second Prizes: Each winner to receive one (1) $25 Wal-Mart Gift Card (Terms and conditions of the Gift Card apply).
Visit the Upgrade Your Summer website to enter for a change to win in the Backyard Makeover contest!
Chipotle Lime Almonds
- 1 10 ounce bag Blue Diamond Garlic, Herb, and Olive Oil Gourmet Almonds
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- zest from 1 lime
- Add the almonds and chipotle powder to a dry skillet over medium heat. Stir constantly until evenly coated.
- Stir in the lime juice and continue to cook for 1-2 more minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- Once cooled, sprinkle on and mix in the lime zest. Serve.