In the mood for soup, but short on time? This Quick and Easy Cauliflower Corn Chowder is the answer!
This post contains affiliate links. See our Disclosure Statement for more information.
It’s no secret I am a fan of the popular trend of replacing higher carb ingredients with cauliflower. In the last couple weeks I’ve made a cheesy cauliflower soup, three cauliflower pizza crusts, mashed cauliflower and now, this Quick and Easy Cauliflower Corn Chowder. It’s a creamy cauliflower and vegetable stock based soup with a little sweetness added in from the corn and smokiness from the bacon. A delicious trio if you ask me!
I tend to eat soup for lunch, especially when I’m being good about watching what I’m eating. This has been the case for me since the New Year (maybe you can relate?), but I get bored easily and am constantly looking for new ideas. I’ve seen recipes for potato corn chowders before, but not cauliflower. While I can’t boast about this particular soup recipe being especially low carb (there are 30g of carbohydrates per serving), I can say it’s still less than you would find in a potato based version, you’ll get more per serving, and you’ll feel just as full!
Are you a cauliflower-lover like me? Counting carbs? Watching your weight? Or maybe you are just craving something stick-to-you-ribs comforting, but don’t want all the calories and carbohydrates that usually comes along with those types of foods. My Quick and Easy Cauliflower Corn Chowder fits the bill without adding too much to that waistline! The best part? It takes only six ingredients and about 20 minutes (or less!) of your time to make from start to finish!
As always, if you try this recipe (or any of my recipes), I’d love to hear how it went and what you think! Leave me a comment below or send me a message anytime! I hope you enjoy!
- If you like this recipe you may also like my Cheesy Cauliflower Soup!
- 1 medium head cauliflower steamed
- 1 Cup vegetable stock unsalted
- 1 14oz can creamed corn
- 1 12oz can evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 6 strips turkey bacon cooked and crumbled
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor, add the steamed cauliflower and process until rice-like in texture and size. Add the cauliflower to a soup pot along with the vegetable stock, creamed corn, evaporated milk, onion powder, and turkey bacon. Heat on medium-high until hot throughout. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed. Serve hot.