Need some ideas for busy toddler snacks? Ideas that are quick, healthy snacks for your little who is always ready to go go go?! From cereal to fruit to Gerber Lil’ Beanies, I’ve got you covered! Check out my list of busy toddler snack ideas!
Lately, it seems that Benjamin (age 16 months with 6 whole teeth to his name) does not want to waste time he could be playing to stop and eat! We are also always on the go running errands, going to doctor appointments, taking his big brother to soccer practices and games, and having plenty of fun family outings as well lately! I thought it would be a good to share a list of busy toddler snack ideas! These are quick, healthy snacks your little one can eat on their own (supervised, of course) or with just a little help, and they are all easy to take with you when you are on-the-go!
- Low Sugar Cereals: store smaller serving sizes in air-tight plastic bowls with lids for easy travel. I actually have a bowl or two ready to go in my little guy’s kitchen drawer at all times!
- Pieces of Cheese: if your diaper bag has an insulated area, then taking little pieces of cheese in a resealable container is a great option – especially if your toddler is anything like mine and eats as much cheese as a hungry mouse! I sometimes even just bring cheese sticks and break them apart. We have to take a cooler with us at all times due to food allergies, so taking a snack that should be kept cold is easy for us. A small insulated lunch box works well too and is light weight!
- Pieces of Soft Meat: I will sometimes break up slices of natural turkey or ham lunch meat for an easy lunch or snack. Keep this item cold as well!
- Fruit: toddlers love sweet foods, and I like being able to offer a healthier option like fruit! Bananas are great because they are so soft and easy to break apart or take small bites from. We sometimes also bring stage 3 foods with us or diced fruit cups because there so many fruit combinations and they don’t have to be kept cold (although I wouldn’t let them get too hot either!).
- Gerber Lil’ Beanies: these are Benjamin’s new favorite snack! I think he would eat the whole can if I let him! They are made with navy beans and come in original and white cheddar broccoli flavor. To my surprise, he really loves the white cheddar broccoli flavor! Each serving of Gerber Lil’ Beanies has 2 grams of protein and 1 gram of fiber and there is no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives. It really is a snack I feel good about letting my little one have and are great for home and on-the-go! I just found them recently in the baby food aisle at Walmart!
I hope you found this list of busy toddler snack ideas helpful! Please feel free to share any other snack ideas you have! I’d love to hear them!