This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NatureMadeGummies #CollectiveBias
Apple Pie Overnight Oats are a quick and delicious breakfast that is perfect for busy Fall mornings!
I try to eat healthy and exercise at least three times a week. Even with all the yummy recipes I make to share on this blog, I really do my best to remember that everything should be in moderation. In fact, most of the time, the opposite is true. I either get too busy to eat, or just completely forget! Part of the reason I am working on developing more recipes like these Apple Pie Overnight Oats is so that I don’t really have any excuses! Being able to grab and go definitely makes eating better easier! Plus, they are just downright delicious.
This easy recipe for Apple Pie Overnight Oats is perfect for this time of the year! I use apples and cinnamon just like you would in a homemade apple pie. These oats are sweetened with a touch of brown sugar and maple syrup! You just mix everything up the night before and in the morning, you can eat them cold right out of the fridge! You can also warm them up, if that’s what you prefer.
Apple Pie Overnight Oats
You just need to have out all the ingredients for this recipe, as well as the jar or bowl you plan to mix everything together in. Chop the apple into bite size pieces, as well.
In a jar or bowl, combine the rolled oats, milk, cinnamon, diced apple, maple syrup, and chia or flax seeds if you are using them. Stir well. Place the oats in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours, or overnight.
You can eat these Apple Pie Overnight Oats right out of the fridge, or warm them up a bit first. If you want to pretty them up, or add more flavor, try topping them with additional apple, cinnamon, maple syrup and even some chopped nuts if you want!
Apple Pie Overnight Oats
- In a canning jar or bowl mix together the oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, brown sugar, and flax seeds, if using.
- Stir in the milk, maple syrup, and diced apple.
- Seal with a lid or plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours.
- In the morning, you can enjoy these oats cold, or warm them up if you prefer. Top with additional diced apple, cinnamon, and maple syrup if you'd like.
Tips and Techniques
- Increase ratio of milk to oats for thinner oatmeal. You can use up to 1 cup of milk.
- If you want to add apple to the top of your oatmeal in the morning, sprinkle lemon juice on the remaining cut apple and wrap it in plastic wrap. Dice it right before eating to avoid browning.
- Overnight oats can be stored, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. They are a great option for weekly meal prep.
† These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.